APTARE websites may provide links to third-party applications, products, services, or websites for your convenience and information. If you access those links, you will leave the APTARE website. APTARE does not control these third-party sites or their privacy, which may differ from APTARE’s practices. The APTARE Privacy Statement does not cover the personal data you choose to provide to or that is collected by these third parties. You are encouraged to review the privacy of any site you interact with before you allow them to collect and use your personal information.
Collection and Use of Personal InformationPersonal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
APTARE may collect personal information from you to complete various transactions, such as:
- Product or services orders, activations, and registrations
- Customer support requests
- Profile creation and user verification
- Information requests, including software downloads
- Marketing or support subscriptions
- Survey participation
- Trade show/conference/event promotions
- Job applications
- Newsgroups, bulletin boards or forums.
The types of personal information you provide us may include:
- Contact information, such as –
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Financial information (collected offline for the purpose of conducting business), such as –
- Banking/financial account information
- Billing information
- Business tax identification
- Payment Information
- Job application data (collected offline for the purpose of reviewing job applications), such as –
- Government issued identification number
- Date of birth
- Salary and salary history
- Address history
- Educational background
- Employment background
- Job interests
- Other unique information, such as –
- User identifiers and passwords
- Product and service preferences
- Contact preferences
- Other personal information you provide to us through our contact forms or through email
- In some cases, APTARE may be provided with your business contact data by a designated entity within your business or enterprise, for example a member of your IT department may provide APTARE your contact information as a reference.
- Registered Partners of APTARE may submit the personal information of third parties, including name, email and company information when they register a commercial opportunity with us. APTARE stores this information for the sole purpose of conducting business. This third party may contact us using the information below to request that we remove this information from our database.
APTARE also collects information from publically or commercially available sources, such as your:
- Company or place of employment
- Email address
- Demographic/profile information.
How we use your personal information
The personal information APTARE collects to understand your interests and requests help APTARE deliver a consistent and personalized user experience. For example, APTARE may use your information to:
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Provide you with access or our product documentation and white papers
- Assist you in completing a transaction or order and account administration
- Communicate with you about products and services
- Provide and improve service and support
- Provide product updates or warranty information
- Update you on new services and benefits
- Provide promotional offers
- Select content to be communicated to you
- Personalize APTARE websites
- Measure performance of marketing initiatives, advertisements, and websites
- Contact you regarding APTARE products or services.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s) or other promotional emails, we will use your name and email address to send these to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us using the information below.
From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with APTARE, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve APTARE’s products, services, and customer communications.
How we share your personal information
APTARE shares your personal information in the following ways:
- APTARE may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with APTARE to provide products and services, or that help APTARE market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by APTARE to provide or improve our products, services
- APTARE retains service providers and suppliers to deliver services and solutions and to assist APTARE with marketing, sales, and communication initiatives. These providers and suppliers include marketing companies, email service providers, automated data processors, lead generators, and shipping agents. Suppliers and service providers are required by contract to keep confidential and secure the information received on behalf of APTARE and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for APTARE.
- APTARE may transfer your personal information to other APTARE-owned business entities. By accessing APTARE websites, registering for account or service, or otherwise providing APTARE with your personal information, you consent to this transfer of your personal information throughout the global APTARE business entities.
- In addition, APTARE will share your personal information to –
- Respond to duly authorized information requests of police and governmental authorities
- Comply with law, regulation, subpoena, or court order
- Investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity
- Enforce/protect the rights and proprieties of APTARE or its subsidiaries
- Protect the rights or personal safety of APTARE, our employees, and third parties.
- Should APTARE decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses for strategic or other business reasons, such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of personal information from sellers. APTARE’s practice is to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions. APTARE will attempt to notify you by email and/or a prominent notice on the APTARE website of any change in ownership and the choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users.
Children’s PrivacyWe do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child less than 18 years old, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal InformationWe also collect non-personal information. This can be data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information on how APTARE’s product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, , such as -
- Postal code
- Area code
- Unique device identifier
- Time zone where you are.
APTARE may also collect information during your visit to an APTARE website, web-based application, or an APTARE “powered by” website through Automated Data Collection Tools. These Automated Data Collection Tools include web beacons, cookies, and embedded web links. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on webpages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on our websites. A session cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” directory. If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site will be limited.
These tools collect certain browser-based information your browser sends to a website, such as:
- Browser type
- Browser language
- Access times
- Address of the website from which you arrived
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Unique device identifier
- Clickstream behavior –
- The pages you view
- The links you click
- Other actions you take in connection with APTARE websites
- Product information
To learn more about how APTARE uses Automated Data Collection Tools, please read APTARE’s Cookies Policy.
Protection of Personal InformationAPTARE takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. APTARE online services such as the APTARE Customer Portal, the APTARE Support Case Tracking Portal, and the APTARE Partner Portal use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to provide protection of personal information that may be entered through these portals. The APTARE StorageConsole Product suite uses the Triple Data Encryption Algorithm (Triple DES)_of login credentials to ensure privacy of these credentials. Triple DES is a Data Encryption Standard defined by ANSI, NIST, and ISO standards organizations. The use of these encryption methods protects the confidentiality of your personal information while it’s transmitted over the Internet. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to Personal InformationYou can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by filling out and submitting our Privacy Contact Form or by contacting us using the information below. The Privacy Contact Form provides you with the ability to request access to, correct, or delete your contact information. For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if APTARE is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We may decline to process requests where the data is required to be retained by law, required for legitimate business purposes, or jeopardizes the privacy of others.
Please note that personal information regarding individuals who reside in a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA) is controlled by APTARE (UK) Limited, United Kingdom, and processed on its behalf by APTARE Inc.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your PrivacyTo make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to APTARE employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
ComplianceAPTARE complies with the U.S.-E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. APTARE has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program and to view APTARE’s certification, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce Safe Harbor Program website.
APTARE has also established a set of binding corporate rules, which have been approved by all Data Protection Regulators in the EEA and Switzerland, effective 10 May 2013. These binding corporate rules ensure that personal data of covered individuals in the EEA is adequately protected while being processed by any of APTARE’s global entities.
TRUSTe's program requirements including transparency, accountability and choice regarding the collection and use of your personal information. The TRUSTe program does not cover information that may be collected through downloadable software. The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through this Web site, www.aptare.com, its sub-domains and services associated with the site and does not cover information that may be collected through any mobile applications or APTARE subsidiaries.
Contacting UsWe value your opinions. If you have any general questions or comments for APTARE, please contact us, or write to us at:
1359 Dell Avenue
Campbell, California 95008
1359 Dell Avenue
Campbell, California 95008