and let us know
if you have any questions.
Scope of Privacy Statement
APTARE is a global organization, with legal entities, business process, management structures, and technical systems that cross country borders. This Privacy Statement applies to www.aptare.com
APTARE websites may provide links to third-party applications, products, services, or websites for your convenience and information. If you access those links, you will leave the APTARE website. APTARE does not control these third-party sites or their privacy, which may differ from APTARE’s practices. The APTARE Privacy Statement does not cover the personal data you choose to provide to or that is collected by these third parties. You are encouraged to review the privacy of any site you interact with before you allow them to collect and use your personal information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
APTARE may collect personal information from you to complete various transactions, such as:
What personal information we collect
- Product or services orders, activations, and registrations
- Customer support requests
- Profile creation and user verification
- Information requests, including software downloads
- Marketing or support subscriptions
- Survey participation
- Trade show/conference/event promotions
- Job applications
- Newsgroups, bulletin boards or forums.
The types of personal information you provide us may include:
- Contact information, such as –
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Financial information (collected offline for the purpose of conducting business), such as –
- Banking/financial account information
- Billing information
- Business tax identification
- Payment Information
- Job application data (collected offline for the purpose of reviewing job applications), such as –
- Government issued identification number
- Date of birth
- Salary and salary history
- Address history
- Educational background
- Employment background
- Job interests
- Other unique information, such as –
- User identifiers and passwords
- Product and service preferences
- Contact preferences
- Other personal information you provide to us through our contact forms or through email
- In some cases, APTARE may be provided with your business contact data by a designated entity within your business or enterprise, for example a member of your IT department may provide APTARE your contact information as a reference.
- Registered Partners of APTARE may submit the personal information of third parties, including name, email and company information when they register a commercial opportunity with us. APTARE stores this information for the sole purpose of conducting business. This third party may contact us using the information below to request that we remove this information from our database.
Please be aware that any information you submit to the APTARE StorageConsole User Group forums can be read, viewed, collected or used by the public, other users of these forums and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes that neither you nor APTARE have control without any expectation of privacy or confidentiality. APTARE is not responsible for the personal information you choose to provide in these public forums. To request removal of your personal information from our user group forums, contact us at email@example.com
. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
APTARE also collects information from publically or commercially available sources, such as your:
- Company or place of employment
- Email address
- Demographic/profile information.
The information APTARE collects from these public or commercial sources may be used along with the information APTARE collects when you visit APTARE’s websites. One example would be tying your name and company to the information contained in a professional network to better understand your background and interests.
How we use your personal information
The personal information APTARE collects to understand your interests and requests help APTARE deliver a consistent and personalized user experience. For example, APTARE may use your information to:
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Provide you with access or our product documentation and white papers
- Assist you in completing a transaction or order and account administration
- Communicate with you about products and services
- Provide and improve service and support
- Provide product updates or warranty information
- Update you on new services and benefits
- Provide promotional offers
- Select content to be communicated to you
- Personalize APTARE websites
- Measure performance of marketing initiatives, advertisements, and websites
- Contact you regarding APTARE products or services.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us using the information below.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s) or other promotional emails, we will use your name and email address to send these to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us using the information below.
From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with APTARE, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve APTARE’s products, services, and customer communications.
How we share your personal information
APTARE shares your personal information in the following ways:
- APTARE may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with APTARE to provide products and services, or that help APTARE market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by APTARE to provide or improve our products, services
- APTARE retains service providers and suppliers to deliver services and solutions and to assist APTARE with marketing, sales, and communication initiatives. These providers and suppliers include marketing companies, email service providers, automated data processors, lead generators, and shipping agents. Suppliers and service providers are required by contract to keep confidential and secure the information received on behalf of APTARE and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for APTARE.
- APTARE may transfer your personal information to other APTARE-owned business entities. By accessing APTARE websites, registering for account or service, or otherwise providing APTARE with your personal information, you consent to this transfer of your personal information throughout the global APTARE business entities.
- In addition, APTARE will share your personal information to –
- Respond to duly authorized information requests of police and governmental authorities
- Comply with law, regulation, subpoena, or court order
- Investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity
- Enforce/protect the rights and proprieties of APTARE or its subsidiaries
- Protect the rights or personal safety of APTARE, our employees, and third parties.
- Should APTARE decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses for strategic or other business reasons, such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of personal information from sellers. APTARE’s practice is to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions. APTARE will attempt to notify you by email and/or a prominent notice on the APTARE website of any change in ownership and the choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child less than 18 years old, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information. This can be data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information on how APTARE’s product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, such as:
- Postal code
- Area code
- Unique device identifier
- Time zone where you are.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve marketing functionality.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by APTARE and our partners (e.g. marketing partners or analytics or service providers).These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Third parties on our site use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site, such as video content, use LSOs such as HTML 5 to collect and store information. We do not have access or control over this tracking.
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here
(or if located in the European Union click here
Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Protection of Personal Information
APTARE takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. APTARE online services such as the APTARE Customer Portal, the APTARE Support Case Tracking Portal, and the APTARE Partner Portal use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to provide protection of personal information that may be entered through these portals. The APTARE StorageConsole Product suite uses the Triple Data Encryption Algorithm (Triple DES)_of login credentials to ensure privacy of these credentials. Triple DES is a Data Encryption Standard defined by ANSI, NIST, and ISO standards organizations. The use of these encryption methods protects the confidentiality of your personal information while it’s transmitted over the Internet. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
APTARE provides procedures for you to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date. Should you feel your personal information is not correct please fill out and submit our Privacy Contact Form
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by filling out and submitting our Privacy Contact Form or by contacting us using the information below. The Privacy Contact Form
provides you with the ability to request access to, correct, or delete your contact information. For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if APTARE is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We may decline to process requests where the data is required to be retained by law, required for legitimate business purposes, or jeopardizes the privacy of others.
Please note that personal information regarding individuals who reside in a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA) is controlled by APTARE (UK) Limited, United Kingdom, and processed on its behalf by APTARE Inc.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to APTARE employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
APTARE complies with the U.S.-E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. APTARE has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program and to view APTARE’s certification, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce Safe Harbor Program
APTARE has also established a set of binding corporate rules, which have been approved by all Data Protection Regulators in the EEA and Switzerland, effective 10 May 2013. These binding corporate rules ensure that personal data of covered individuals in the EEA is adequately protected while being processed by any of APTARE’s global entities.
including transparency, accountability and choice regarding the collection and use of your personal information. The TRUSTe program does not cover information that may be collected through downloadable software. The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through this Web site, www.aptare.com
, its sub-domains and services associated with the site and does not cover information that may be collected through any mobile applications or APTARE subsidiaries.
. If you do not receive acknowledgment of your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you can contact TRUSTe here
We value your opinions. If you have any general questions or comments for APTARE, please contact us
, or write to us at:
1359 Dell Avenue
Campbell, California 95008